Lewisham planning success as Deptford building is set to be rebuilt
Quatro is delighted to have helped Visionbell Ltd win unanimous planning permission from Lewisham Council for their proposals to reinstate, refurbish and renew the existing building at 229 Deptford High Street, to provide a mixed-use commercial and residential development. The proposals would:
- Re-build the building with minor modifications.
- Replicate the building in a scholarly and historically accurate manner, reintroducing active commercial units at ground floor, restoring the historic building frontage, reinstating the upper floors and replicating the appearance of the rear elevation with some changes to accommodate the residential use.
- Provide two duplex commercial units, located over basement and ground floor, and five self-contained flats, located at first floor and above.
- Provide separate cycling and waste storage areas for commercial and residential use at ground floor.
- Improve access to the ground floor commercial units to ensure that both units can be accessed by those with any disabilities.
Quatro organised a programme of stakeholder engagement and public consultation, including a bespoke website (https://229dhs.co.uk), online meetings with local groups, and online and email consultation with local residents.
4 October 2021 | Fraser Macdonald